Local search is distinct from simply having an optimized website. When someone performs a local search, that person uses a local search engine to find products or services in their area. Some of the local search engines commonly used—billions of times a day around the world—are Google Maps, Yahoo Local, Yelp, MSN Maps, and Local.com to name a few. Think of these local search engines as the World Wide Web's yellow page directory.
For consumers or businesses searching for what your product or service, these highly competitive local search engines are a valuable resource—and a valuable source of business leads for you. Therefore, it is crucial to have all your information verified and correct in these local search engines, and it is equally important to make sure your website is listed on all the relevant local search engines to achieve optimum local visibility and marketing ROI. Blue Cloud Development Company can help.
Did you know that . . .
- 73% of all online activity is related to local content (Google)
- 82% of local searchers also call or come to your location (TMP/Comscore)
- 66% of Americans use local search to find local businesses (Comscore)
- 54% of Americans have replaced phone books with internet and local search (Comscore)
- 43% of search engine users are seeking a local merchant online, with the intent of buying offline (by phone or in person)
- 41% of consumers say they use a location in their search terms such as "chiropractor in Atlanta"
Blue Cloud will expand your basic local search listing to make sure the content is accurate, up to date, and links back to your website. As expert online marketing professionals, we'll also help you develop appropriate online specials and promotions that will link to your local search listing to make your business all the more competitive. Even better, we'll make sure your listing is consistent across all local search engines.